Making you comfortable.
Persons diagnosed with a terminal illness with a life expectancy of six months or less may apply for a medical cannabis registry identification card. There is no application fee.
Qualifying patients (Adults and persons under age 18):
- Be a resident of the State of Illinois at the time of application and remain a resident during participation in the program
- Have been diagnosed with a terminal illness with a life expectancy of six months or less
- Submit a complete application
- Make sure your physician completes and signs the physician confirmation of diagnosis of terminal illness.
- This form must be signed in blue ink
- The in-person physical examination must take place within 90 days of the application submission date
- Not hold a school bus permit or Commercial Driver’s License
- Not be an active duty law enforcement officer, correctional officer, correctional probation officer or firefighter
- Select a caregiver, if desired (persons under age 18 may have two caregivers)
Applications cannot be completed online and must be mailed to:
Persons whose diagnosis is no longer terminal after a period of six months and their caregivers may submit an application for a one-, two- or three-year registry identification card.
Questions about terminal illness applications may be emailed to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 636-3688