Cannabis is one of the most pharmacologically active plants on the planet with over 400 different active chemicals. It has a history of medicinal use dating back thousands of years across many cultures. Medical marijuana is often used for the following palliative effects:
What is a Serious Condition?
A serious condition is defined as: "having one of the following severe debilitating or life-threatening conditions:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson's disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication or intractable spasticity
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBS)
- Huntington's disease
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder *NEW*
And any of the following conditions where it is clinically associated with, or a complication of, a condition under this paragraph or its treatment:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Severe or chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
- Any other condition can be added by the Commissioner at any time.
Select a condition from the list below to see how medicinal marijuana can help relieve symptoms:
NOTE: Eligible conditions are state-specific. This list of conditions applies only to patents in New York.
If you're a patient in Illinois instead, go to the list of Eligible Conditions in Illinois